Monday, January 10, 2011

Bruxie in Orange

Last week, I ventured out with some friends to try out Bruxie, the new-ish little Belgian waffle sandwich restaurant stand in downtown Orange.


The restaurant is a walk-up-and-order kind of place; like a taco stand. The main difference is that instead of greasy fast food, this stand delivers gourmet, handcrafted waffle sandwiches. There is a little side patio that is covered and enclosed with canvas hangings and warmed with heating lamps, which all adds up to make quite a cozy dining experience.


"Bruxie is a new take on the authentic Belgium Waffle. The 'Bruxie' is unlike any waffle offered: the Bruxie is light, crisp, yeasty and not sweet. It's street food that's perfect for breakfast, lunch, mid day snack as well as a dessert or late night treat."


Honestly, I don't even like waffles. My friend picked our dinner spot, and I was a bit nervous about her choice. I'm perhaps a little too adventurous with food and new dining spots though, so my curiosity took over. I tried a "Cheesey Bruxie" (grilled cheddar and gruyere) with avocado and waffle fries:


In a word: DELICIOUS.


One of my friends got the special- some sort of roast beef, potato, horseradish, french dippy concoction:


Another friend tried a Bruxie Burger:


Then, as planned, I tried a dessert Bruxie with Nutella & Bananas.


SOOOOO TASTY!

Bruxie is located two blocks from the Orange Circle/Plaza on the corner of Glassell and Palm. All items are under $8, and most Bruxie sandwiches are around $6. See the menu here.

Happy waffling!

-Blythe

on my iTunes: The Shins' "Phantom Limb"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails