Thursday, April 22, 2010

Laguna Supply in Laguna Beach


Over this past weekend I had the pleasure of spending the afternoon with the Dana Marron, co-owner of one of most well-stocked boutiques in Orange County, Laguna Supply in Laguna Beach. I visit my favorite boutiques often so that I can stay current about “who is carrying what?” in a particular season, which helps me when shopping for clients. But on this day my mission was specific: find the best beach gear in town. Obviously I could just go to the local surf store down the street and find a stock bathing suit and beach cover-up, but most of my clients demand the unusual and hard to find items. Laguna Supply is, well . . . supplied perfectly.




Searching through their racks, I had one thought in mind: “it all has to go well with sand and water.” So, as I looked high and low some of the gems I came upon were: Pool and Laura Urbanati swimwear, beautifully constructed bags by Epice (a perfect place to carry around your towel, sunscreen, and maybe a trashy novel). Laguna Supply is also well-stocked in LemLem caftans and scarves, which are produced by Super Model Liya Kibede. Proceeds of this brand contribute directly towards the livelihood of the Ethiopian women who handcraft them; shopping for a cause never felt or looked better. Next I came across Tretorn, which brought me back to when I was a young girl running down to the beach in their memorable shoes. Finally, I scanned the room to check out what the mannequins were wearing, because typically what is shown on a mannequin is what is loved most in a particular boutique. To my delight, I found an olive green dress by Isabel Marant, which was slightly shear, and a great transition piece that can take you from the beach to drinks on a rooftop, well worth the $298 price tag.



As my afternoon in one of my favorite boutiques came to a close, I felt more than confident that my mission was a success. For some of the best possible beachwear in Orange County visit Laguna Supply in Laguna Beach . . . now I’m off to happy hour!

Laguna Supply
210 Beach Street
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
(949) 497-8850

- Leslie Christen
(check out Leslie's lovely lifestyle blog or contact her at Style@LeslieChristen.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails