Friday, December 10, 2010

A Shameless Endorsement for Pura Vida Day Spa's Facials


[The lovely Pura Vida staff]


My friend asked me the other day who she should go to for a great facial. Without hesitation I replied, Marilee Miller at Pura Vida Day Spa. Now, I know what half of you are thinking out there: spas are for prissy, rich girls with money to blow. Or, at least that's what I used to think. I didn't even consider going to get a facial at a day spa, because 1) I assumed it would be way out of my budget, 2) I didn't think it was worth the money, and 3) I thought the atmosphere would be snobby.
I'm willing to accept when I'm wrong, and Pura Vida proved my day spa stereotype WAY wrong.


I discovered Pura Vida Day Spa because they are conveniently located in the same business complex as The OC Gazette office. I would run into the Pura Vida girls in the parking lot and was always amazed at how friendly and nice they all were. One day, they invited our whole office over to their Grand Opening party where they were giving out free mini facials, massages, microdermabrasion samples, food, wine, and more. We gladly accepted, and thus my love affair with facials began.






My skin isn't perfect. It used to be really awful when I was in middle school. (Think the zitty faced teenager with the cracking voice in The Simpsons - see above.) Thank God I grew out of that stage, but nonetheless, my face is a highly volatile place that can be agitated at the slightest provocation, so I still have to actively take care of it to keep it clear. After getting a mini facial from Marilee Miller at the Grand Opening party, I noticed my skin was significantly smoother and more evenly toned. After seeing such significant improvements in my skin after just a 5 minute mini-facial, I scheduled a full on 60-minute session with the lovely Marilee. I don't know how to stress it enough (without sounding like an infomercial) how much my skin improved. Between the Clarisonic, the peels and scrubs, and the Jan Marini face wash she used, my skin was smooth and even, with hardly a blemish in sight.


Besides the obvious joy of having great skin, my whole experience at Pura Vida is always enjoyable. I am always greeted with a smile and a joke from the wonderfully fun and hilarious spa manager, Anita. No one was hoity toity or snooty, and yet the environment was still relaxing and indulgent. Best of all? The price was so reasonable. Only $90 for a facial. And the time I went, I used a coupon in The OC Gazette for new clients, so I only had to pay $69! I go to see Marilee every month or so now to have her work her magic on me. If you think about it in those terms, you're only spending 2 dollars a day for amazing skin. For any of you that have had uneven or "problem skin," you know that is so worth it.


Check out Pura Vida Day Spa for yourself. Say hi to the ladies for me! 


A PRESENT FOR OC GAZETTE BLOG READERS!
If you tell them Amy Hood from The OC Gazette sent you you'll get the amazing one-hour Facial PLUS a one-hour Massage for only $99. That's 2 whole hours of relaxation! With all the stress and strain of the holiday season, I think we could all use a little more R&R.


Don't forget that they offer Student, Teach and Military Discounts!


Pura Vida Day Spa
(949) 582-3551
Located in Three Flags Center
27601 Forbes Road, Suite 5
Laguna Niguel, CA 92677
www.puravidadayspa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails