Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Wooson K. Chang Coming to OC


If it's true that classical music makes you smarter, then my morning commute spent listening to Classical KUSC is like an early morning class. At the very least, it calms any potential road rage and puts me in an overall good mood. Sometimes I'll flip on the station and find that it's operatic music, and I'm not sure I can explain the mood this puts me in. There's something that's at once calming and inspiring about opera; the beauty and range of the human voice- whether or not you understand the words communicated- touches me on a deep, emotional level. I can remember radio opera music bringing me to tears more than once.
When I found out that International Soprano Woosoon K. Chang will be performing at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church in Irvine on Friday, October 15th, I made a mental note to pack Kleenex. With her most recent performance at Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles, Ms. Chang hopes to bring her remarkable voice and talents to the local community and to make classical music more accessible to the younger crowd. With this in mind, the ticket price is only $5.00!


Spend Friday evening with Mozart, Puccini, and Verdi! If you're unfamiliar with the music, don't worry! Woosoon will draw you into the captivating world of opera and melt your heart with the emotion she brings to the score.

When: October 15th, 2010 at 7pm
Where: St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Church, Irvine
Tickets: $5.00 (can be purchased at the door)



-Blythe

on my iTunes:Claude Debussy's "Clair de Lune"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails