Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Shannon Brown Comes to the Irvine Spectrum


I'll never forget when Trevor Ariza attended Fashion Week at the Irvine Spectrum last year. And I wasn't there. One of the biggest regrets of my life. That and not becoming a painter. The next basketball season came, Trevor Ariza was let go for Ron Artest and my dreams of meeting one of my favorite Lakers were shattered. [ I still love you too Ron Ron - you're the funniest Laker I've had the pleasure of speaking with to this day. ] But rest assured readers, I won't be making that mistake again!

[ Two of my favorite Lakers (Shannon and Kobe), plotting their attack. ]


[ The Rebel Yell ]

This Saturday the Irvine Spectrum will play host to one of my other favorite Lakers! The heavens are shining down on me, giving me another shot at chasing my dreams! Go Go Gadget Legs, a.k.a. Shannon Brown, will be at the Verizon Wireless Spectrum store, signing autographs and meeting fans. It's so reminiscent of the Trevor Ariza situation to me since I've had two friends tell me that they heard through the grapevine (I realize how secondhand this info is, and therefore may not even be true) that the Lakers said there wasn't a spot for Shannon Brown on next season's Lakers roster. I replied with exclamations of disbelief and a gaping, mouth-wide-open look of wonderment. Shannon Brown is a play maker! Not a spot for him on the Lakers? How many times has he made a play that has changed the whole tenor of a game? Just like my precious Trevor Ariza? I was assured by these said friends that it wasn't that the Lakers don't understand he's a great player, but that it was purely about the money. And the fact that the Lakers didn't have any. I still refuse to believe that the NBA is all about money and not basketball. Maybe I'm in denial, but sometimes coping with the truth is just TOO much. Is anything sacred anymore? McChicken nuggets aren't made with real chicken; Britney Spears lip sings her concerts; and now the NBA is all about money instead of basketball?

[ Shannon Brown being a playmaker. Feb 16th, 2010 - Lakers vs. Golden State Warriors. ]

Well I know one thing that is left pure and undefiled, the athleticism, grace, and explosiveness of a Shannon Brown dunk. So don't miss seeing this amazing up and coming athlete. Lakers girls and Power 106 radio will be there to entertain, and there will even be chances to win Lakers tickets! Rub his tummy for good luck heading into the playoffs. The way they're playing, the Lakers could use all the help they can get. Here's the details, and I'll see you there!

P.S. A big congrats to Teemu Selanne of the Anaheim Ducks. He is only the 18th player in NHL history to have made 600 goals in their career. He's now keeping company with the likes of hockey greats Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux. Orange County loves you Teemu, you handsome Nordic devil, you.

- Amy
On my iTunes: Charlie Mars' "Back of The Room"


Shannon Brown at Verizon Wireless Store
April 03, 2010
3:30 – 4:30 p.m. at the Verizon Wireless store near The Improv.
For more information, please call 949-450-1050 or visit www.verizoninsider.com/shannon.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails